Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Greatrace 2013 - Day 4

The Good:  no flat tires, no over-heating, no rain (yeah!).

The Bad:  a hornet flew in the car and as I'm frantically swiping at it, a deer ran into the road, and then a tractor loaded with hay pulled in front of us.  Thankfully, nobody died.

The Ugly:  the next time it's 97 degrees out, drive around with ur windows down and the heater on full blast.  Yeah, baby!  That's what it's like great-racing in this car.

Actually, I really like my 1935 Ford.  Good torque.  Easy to drive.  A little hot, but hey.

We did okay:
Leg 1:  2 sec early
Leg 2:  2 sec early
Leg 3:  2 sec early
Leg 4:  7 sec early

Cumulative, we're still 1st in class and 7th overall.  But we're only on day 4.  The REAL competition is still five days away....

PS- yesterday, I left my gas cap at a fuel stop.  Preston and I smelled a strong gas odor as we raced down the road.  I stopped and fixed it with rubber bands and a plastic bag (southern engineering).  Someone found it and it made its way back to me....     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment