Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Old Gulf Station Part II

Here are some more pictures of the Gulf Station renovation.

B&O used to stack oil cans 4-3-2-1 in the window, so as a nod to them, I found some repro cans on eBay and stacked them in the window. Mr. Owens was pretty pleased...

New roof and supports. I think they took off about 5 layers of roofing before they hit the base- yikes!!!

I gutted the "store room" where the HVAC and compressor were kept.


We moved the electrical box and HVAC and totally removed wall you see just on the left of this photo above. Note the Texaco sign. . . yes, I moved out of the Gulf station. Mustn't mix brands...




And the results are below - my new office. I moved my home office to the station (so I can search eBay in peace....) Just kidding.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I have (or if I don't already have it can find) lots of cool items for your garage. The oil cans & coke crates are a great retro addition.

    ReplyDelete