Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Great Race 2011 - Stage 4

Tuesday, June 14th - Day 4
Today's route departed Cumberland, MD and ended in Hershey, PA with a lunch stop in Chambersburg PA. I heard the Antique Automobile Club of America's museum in Hershey was AWESOME. I don't actually know because as we were coming into the over-night stop, my water temp shot through the roof. I pulled over and - yep - radiator problems. I filled it up with water and we limped into Hershey. An announcement was made and that's when I met Gary and Doc from Middletown Radiator. Bottomline: they saved us! We topped the radiator and drove to their shop. I started disassembly at 7:00 PM and by 9:00 PM I had a fixed radiator. Turns out the vibration from the crappy roads we've been on created a stress fracture in the bottom of the radiator. I can't thank Gary, Doc and the rest of the crew enough. If not for them I'd have the car in the trailer and be on my way home by now. Check them out at: 717.944.3823 - 148 (Rear) Geyer's Church Road, Middletown, PA 17057.

The rest of our day was okay:
Leg 1: 1 sec late
Leg 2: 9 sec early
Leg 3: 1 sec early
Leg 4: 12 sec early
Leg 5: 3 sec late

Good enough for second in class.

2 comments:

  1. How's the radiator holding up?
    Doc's brother Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made it to the finish with no further radiator problems!!! Thanks again to Gary and Doc!

    ReplyDelete